We see rituals as simple acts performed daily with intention and reverence. In a fast paced world where we are all experiencing unprecidented change due to the global pandemic, daily rituals help ground us and add a special richness to the everyday.
Here we share some ideas for a morning tea ritual. We believe rituals are deeply personal so encourage you to have fun and be sure to make it your own.
Fine & Dandy Morning Tea Ritual
- Acknowledge your unique present moment. Tea ceremony is traditionally associated with the Japanese concept "Ichi-go-ichi", a cultural concept of treasuring the unrepeatable nature of the present moment.
- prepare your water by heating it
- choose your favourite cup, or tea bowl and teapot (use what you love)
- add your loose leaf tea or herbs to your teapot or bowl. If you are making bowl tea just scatter a few leaves directly into the bowl.
- turn your focus to the sensory elements of your tea brewing- the kettles heat, the steam of the hot water.
- pour hot water over your tea leaves (with the temperature at 90 degress or less so your tea won't taste bitter).
- Be present to the aroma and leaves of the tea plant as they slowly unfurl in the water revealing their unique flavour and character.
- Pour your tea into a cup and enjoy. If you are making bowl tea you can sip the tea directly from the bowl with the leaves still in the vessel.
We would love to hear about your tea ritual! rach out to us at email@example.com to tell us all about it.
Working from home with small children while social distancing? Us too. Even making yourself a cup of tea can feel like a serious achievement:). Stay tuned as we will be sharing our tea ritual made fun and appropriate for little people in a future journal post- something we hope might keep your little ones busy long enough for you to make youself a well deserved brew.